Find full specifications and options in the the Windsond product catalogue (1.1 MB).
- Measure wind direction, wind speed and temperature
- Hygrometer to measure air humidity and dew point (additional option)
- Barometer to improve the altitude accuracy from 100m to 7m
- Simple sonde activation by a switch. Sounds indicate when the sond is ready for launch.
- Sonde peak altitude configurable by user, also during flight
- Maximum altitude 5-8 km (17-26 thousand feet)
- Radio link with programmable frequency and transmission power.
- Specially developed error correcting code for more robust radio link.
- No heavy metal content for small environmental impact
- Review weather conditions even as the balloon ascends
- Weather conditions are reported in graphical and text formats and exported to file in “Winds” format
- Automatic averaging and interpolation of measurements
- Follow the balloon live on Google Earth, right from launch to landing
- Multiple sonds and multiple receivers are supported
- Change settings with convenient graphical user interface
- Keep another sond in the car to compare the positions of the balloon and the car
- Load earlier soundings to revisit the measurements or replay the flight